Saturday, January 24, 2009

Brilliance College

For anyone interested in a new career path, Varkala is home to the Brilliance University. Yesterday I was in town and stumbled upon the college campus. It was located off the main road and down a small alley. The entrance was very humble and the only signs marking the college was a simple sign in red block letters above the door. I am sure that they will happily accept foreign students. Watch out Ivy league schools, this small and rather remote school is pumping out some of the most forward thinking, creative, and intelligent people around.
So, my time here in Varkala is coming to a close. I have finished the Thai massage course and will be heading back to Sri Lanka in a few days. I will return to the yoga center and continue to teach partner yoga and help out around the place until March. I'll also practice Thai massage on lots of people. It's been great being here in India and I look forward to returning in the future.
I am off to go teach a partner flying yoga class with a bunch of the massage students now. They are all curious and excited. During the course we've done several partner yoga gatherings and everyone has loved it. It's so wonderful to see how excited and happy people become when they get to work with another person in this way.
Many blessings from the southern tip of Inida. Jacob

No comments: